Sunday, June 26, 2005

A pessimistic view to Penn's Iran trip

Here is an article by salty sailor about Sean Penn's trip to Iran. It shows that he is very angry and pessimistic about Iran:
I’m curious to see how much space Penn will give to 250 women outside the Tehran University who attempted a sit-in protesting their rights which were revoked after the 1979 Islamic Revolution. They chanted too, “We are women, we are the children of this land but we have no rights.”(New York Times International) Other women were pushed and shoved aside as they tried to join in, cell phone service was cut off and even Penn’s camera was conviscated and viewed, then given back to him; as if he was going to tape any ‘unhappy’ Iranians! I’d be willing to bet he got a good shot of one poster, ‘Iranians, despite the conspiracies of America, will go to the polls.’ Many young Iranians saw the elections in a different light and planed a boycott, as reported by Parisa Hafezi. Twenty five year old Mahim said, “Why should I vote when each vote means a vote for the clerical rule?”
I should say Penn saw a lot of differences between what US has said about Iran and what he could see that if salty sailor himself was here in Iran would write the same as Penn would.
I invite him To Iran.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you in person and I consider you a long time friend, but I'm very disappointed in you by reading some of your posts on this weblog. Maybe you've been so long in that paper that you have forgotten what are the problems in this country. You say well done to Sean and consider Salty's comment pessimistic?

If you're doing this on purpose to have something to show to your colleagues, then you'd better write nothing about such things, but if you're really believing in all that, oh well, I have to think again about how much I know you.

Kind regards

5:16 PM, December 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home